Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Earn It! Keep It! $ave It! Tri-County Partnership Meeting
United Way Monterey County, United Way of Santa Cruz County, and the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM (PST)
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites provide one of the best opportunities to connect financially vulnerable families with not just free tax preparation but a range of asset building services and programs that they may not be aware of.
This partnership meeting is intended to bring together a broad range of partners to develop a collaborative strategy that will:
- build the capacity of Tri-County to serve more households with free tax preparation,
- increase uptake of tax credits,
- improve the financial stability of households in poverty.
10:00AM: Registration & Networking
10:30AM: Introduction & Welcome
- History and eligibility information for EITC and other tax credits
- Amount of EITC dollars that goes unclaimed
- Orientation to VITA sites in the Tri-County area
12:00PM LUNCH and Presentations (sponsored by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco)
12:45PM Presentations and Group Discussion
- Introductoin to Earn It! Keep It! $ave It! Initiative
- Linking VITA to income support services and asset building strategies
- Bank On
1:45PM Discussion and partnership planning
United Way Monterey County
Phone: (831) 757-3206 x 205
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco